Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Today I took care of both kids all day all by myself.  That hasn't happened for a very long time.  It was a good day, though.  Overall, I felt like I was doing what I was made to do, and that is a very good feeling.  It was stressful at moments, like when I was standing in the middle of Target trying to focus on what I needed to buy while James hollered incessantly, "Cars!  Cars!  Nak-Naks! Nak-Naks!"  (That's fruit snacks, in case you couldn't tell.), and Ella said, "Mom, how do you spell Thanksgiving?"  

But overall, good.  It was all good.  We went to the library and Target.  We went for a walk around the neighborhood with all the neighborhood children (who were previously all playing in my backyard), and then I bathed the children, made and fed them supper, and took them to the neighborhood up the road for some trick-or-treat action.  Oh, my.

It was the most precious sight seeing little James toddle up to the front porch with Ella, carrying his Easter basket, because yes, I don't plan ahead or spend a lot of money on Halloween, and he didn't have any other kind of bucket.  So an Easter basket it was.  He had no idea what he was doing, but when people would answer the door he would walk right inside their houses, and after I pulled him out and they dropped candy in his bucket, he would yell excitedly, "Nak-Naks!  Nak-Naks!"  Because all candy is fruit snacks now, and he loves him some fruit snacks.  He was adorable.

My mom gave me the wonderful idea of simply putting him
in his Alabama jersey.  Wa-la!  Costume!
I bought that jersey for $1 at a yard sale.

Is he not the cutest football player ever??

I will confess that before we left for England, I spent $18 on a 
toddler-sized Yoda costume for James.
It was so stinking adorable.
But the Jedi robe ended up being too short, and James didn't
like wearing it, so I returned it.  
A $1 costume is much better.
Someday he will want to be a Jedi knight, I am sure.

My little princess bought a Minnie Mouse costume with some birthday money, but at the last minute tonight, she decided to put on her Snow White dress-up clothes instead.  She loves to strike a pose.  Tonight was fun.


We had a Skype date with KJ before I put the kids to bed.  He is feeling better and hoping to take Ella to school in the morning and go in to work.  I hope we all make it through the night virus free.

1 comment:

  1. Ella looks beautiful, as always, and James do look so cute in his jersey (though I smile at the thought of him as Yoda; John David loved the thought, too! :) I pray you guys continue to stay well, and props to the creative use of skype. Love you all & praying K.J. is better soon

    ReplyDelete