Sunday, November 27, 2011

From the quiet of my morning

I'm waking up this morning to the lovely lights of my Christmas tree.  As is their tradition, Ella and KJ put up the tree last night, and maybe we'll be able to finish decorating it this morning.  I can't believe it's time for the Christmas season.  I'm going to need to immerse myself in Christmas music and movies to make my heart realize the end of another year has come.  

And it is the end of my 20s!  That is rather hard to believe and is a huge milestone.  One night last week I was getting ready for bed, and I looked in the mirror and realized I would be 30 in two months.  Thirty.  That's heavy.  I went back in the den and informed KJ he was about to have a 30-year-old wife.  He said, "I know.  I've thought about it and wondered if I should do something special."  To which I replied, "Yes.  Yes, you should.  I think 30 deserves a nice party.  This is momentous."  But I still have a month and a half left of my 20s.  The 29th has definitely been a good year.  It's been a good decade all around.  

I'll confess that the passage of time does make me feel a bit melancholy.  Maybe I'll end those thoughts for the moment.  The drizzly rain and darkness has kept my household asleep for longer than normal.  It's so peaceful and quiet.  I should probably go prepare my heart and mind for the rest of this Sunday morning.  May you have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. i always enjoy a peek into your days . . .

    ReplyDelete