Monday, November 7, 2011

James in the Fall

I had to go by the library this morning, and I've been longing to take some pictures with the lovely fall foliage in the background, so I dressed James in a plaid shirt, and off we went.

That is, we dropped our DVDs off at the library and drove up the road to take a walk.
I pushed him in his stroller for a while and then let him get out and run around.

At first, I thought I would have to be be content with pictures from the back.


Precious, to be sure, but I love his little face, his smile, his drool, his blue eyes that I never dreamed I'd see on any child of mine.

He ran around in the leaves, enjoying the crunching sound as he walked, played with sticks and patted passing dogs, and FINALLY I persuaded him to climb up on a bench and say, "CHEESE!"


Oh, my.  It was perfect.  He stayed put for...ohhh...2 minutes?
Then he climbed down, and I got one more.


And then he took off down the trail.
Fall picture success.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I got to see him yesterday or these pictures would have really made my heart ache. As it is its just a little ache. So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing, Lynn. So are those blue eyes :)

    ReplyDelete