Thursday, November 10, 2011

Friday! Or not...

Before I started to type this post I started writing in my head, and it went something like this, "Friday!  I can't believe it's Friday already...", and then I realized it wasn't Friday.  This happened to me last week, too.  I called a friend and told her I hated to call her on a Friday night, but I figured it was okay since she has a one-month old and wasn't going anywhere anyway, to which she replied, "Well, it's Thursday, isn't it?"  Good grief.


I was confused last week because I went with Ella on her field trip Thursday, and she came home early, so it wasn't a normal day.  And she's out of school tomorrow for Veteran's Day, so my mind is already switching to weekend mode.  Long weekend mode!  Hooray!  Ella asked me last night if we could do something fun together, like color.  Yes, color!  But also take the girl out in the woods somewhere with lots of trees for pictures, although I'm not sure about poor James.  He has a nose pouring with snot again, and it's probably as a result of playing in the leaves on Monday.  But what can I do?  He loves to be outside.  He is drinking Allegra before bed each night.


I was so moved by reading Ann Voskamp's posts about her trip to Ecuador with Compassion International, especially yesterday's where she tells about how it was hard for her farmer husband to leave the sows he cares for behind, only to find himself being able to serve a single mother, raising pigs and growing potatoes to support her children at the first home they visit.  I wept when I read that post at the realness and nearness of God and how He knows us so intimately.


I'm glad for the children we've been able to sponsor through Compassion.  I never realized before how long some of them wait for help, and it really is so easy for us to help.  


It's taken me forever to write the above; I've had to get up every three minutes and wrestle James to the ground just to wipe all the snot off his face, so I suppose I'll close for now.  Please pray for these children.  The $38 a month you give makes all the difference to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment