Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas around our house.  I mentioned earlier that Ella helped KJ put up the tree this year.  She has done this for several years, but she was an especial help this year, fixing each branch before delivering it to KJ.
And James...well, James added a little bit of mayhem to the holiday preparations.  As usual.  

Last night after dinner I made some Christmas cookies, and Ella put lights on her own little tree.  I have been so thankful for my sweet family lately.  They grow more dear every day.  KJ and Ella came home from school yesterday with news about the part Ella was going to play in her school's Christmas program.  She wanted it to be a surprise for me, but I guessed; I couldn't help it.  Ella's class is making up the nativity scene, and Ella will be Mary.  As KJ said, "They cast the role perfectly."  She will make a very sweet Mary.



And just to share a little bit about what's going on in James' life, here are a list of new words I've been hearing a lot lately:

Candy
More Candy
I want candy.
Up high.
Candy.
Cup Mine

And here are the words I've been saying a lot lately.

No.
Stop.
Don't touch.
No more candy.

It's pretty chaotic around here trying to teach this boy some manners and self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment