Monday, November 28, 2011

A [Small] Taste of Our Thanksgiving

I don't have many pictures from our Thanksgiving celebration, partly because one brother of mine requested that I not take random pictures of everyone.  I think I will ask for posed pictures then at Christmas because I came away with no pictures of anyone in my family except for Ella and James.  

They are enjoying a Thanksgiving mid-morning repast of ham and barbecue chips.

My mom bought that sweet, vintage tray for Ella to eat on when she comes to visit.
It was adorable, and Ella loved it.

Ella posed for a picture with each of her princess dolls in turn.
Here she is featured with Ariel.

We enjoyed this Fried Confetti Corn that was absolutely delicious.

And that is about all I have to show from my camera card this Thanksgiving.  Despite the lack of pictures we had a really great trip home for the day.  It was good to be with my family, and the kids traveled so well this time.  James watched a DVD that had one episode each of about 6 Nick Jr. television shows.  It proved to be golden.  Absolutely no screaming.  We usually spend the last 30 minutes of the trip with a lot of loud fussing.  I was very thankful for the quiet trip.  

Ella went back to school this morning in good spirits, though last night she told me she didn't want to go to school because she wanted it to be "like the old days."  So I suppose life is sort of back to normal except not really, because now we have a Christmas tree and lots of Christmas parties added into our normal schedule.  I might need to hire a baby-sitter for the month of December.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I am so impressed that your two children are sharing one tray and doing it so sweetly. If it were my two...well, lets just say it might not be quiet as sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, sorry, i should have said "quite" not "quiet"...i am up way too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movies help, you know. :) But Ella really is a sweet big sister. She scooted her plate over quite cheerfully.

    ReplyDelete