Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Too Early?

Did you know Christmas was coming?  I don't put up decorations until after Thanksgiving, but I can already feel the excitement in the air of fall and the approaching holiday season.  I can feel it when I make holiday plans with family, when I mull over the "perfect gifts" I might give, when I walk into Wal-Mart, and when I listen to this album, the best Christmas album ever perhaps.  And look at that!  You can listen to the whole album for free online!  Give yourself a blessing, and do that.  But don't skip around.  It's like a good book; you have to start from the beginning, get the full history, feel the triumphs and sorrows of God's people in the story of redemption, waiting for the promised Messiah.  The album tells the best of all stories, the "true myth" as C.S. Lewis said.

I was listening to the c.d. in the car last night when I made a Wal-Mart run, and this morning as I read in the psalms, I could feel the promise coming ever closer.

The LORD swore to David a sure oath
from which he will not turn back:
"One of the sons of your body
I will set on your throne.."

"There I will make a horn to sprout for David;
I have prepared a lamp for my anointed.
His enemies I will clothe with shame,
but on him his crown will shine."

- Psalm 132:11, 17-18 -

Happy Christmas.


I just noticed one of my favorite songs was missing 
from the list, so you may still need to purchase this album. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a glorious oath, indeed!! Rejoicing with you in the Promise fulfilled and the beauty of the "true myth" (love that). {and yes, already humming a few tunes}

    loved getting to chat today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I was listening to the same album while folding laundry today! I love it. It's one that I play year-round. :-)

    ReplyDelete