Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Break

Friday!!  I'm very excited.  We've been waiting for this day all week.  Ella is watching a movie at school today, and her Fall break is next week.  I can hardly wait for an entire week of freedom with her.  I am planning creative projects, baking, library outings, and of course Thanksgiving!  I haven't seen my married brothers and their wives since Labor Day, so I am excited about some family time.

I think James and I are going to take a trip to the store this morning, as we only have about five diapers left, and we are out of milk.  As of right now, though, he is happily ensconced in the baby swing watching Blues Clues, which has become his hands-down favorite show this week.  Ella had a DVD that had one episode of several shows from Nick Jr on it, and I put it in on Wednesday, thinking James might like to watch something new.  I'm not sure what happened when he watched Blues Clues, but he has requested, "Clues" every moment of every day since then.  He sings and does all the motions and is perfectly content watching that one episode over and over and over again.  Thankfully, Blues Clues isn't an annoying show to me, but that of course might change.  I'm also thankful that Hillary left herself logged in on her Netflix account on our computer. (Thanks, Aunt Vicki!)  It has kept me from having to watch the same episode over and over.  

The only bad thing about this is that when I was trying to work on the computer yesterday James kept requesting to watch Clues, and I was saying, "No," and he said, "Turrnn."  I'm glad he's beginning to understand the concept of taking turns, and he was definitely trying to work it to his advantage.  He also said, "Please!!"  I love my talking boy, but I still said, "No, no more Blues Clues right now."  

Another funny James moment happened when my friend brought baby Luke over yesterday morning.  James ran excitedly to the door when he heard the knock and smiled up at Luke's mama, but then he looked down and saw Luke in the baby carrier, and said, "Noooo."  It's obvious that he didn't like his mama giving attention to any other baby but himself.  

But though he might resent the baby interloper, he loves it when his sister comes home from school.  When KJ comes to the door in the afternoon, James says, "Erra?  Erra?"  On Wednesday he patted her tummy and gave her a hug as soon as she entered the house.  He misses her when she's away.  We will all be excited to have her home next week.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the granny fix. I have enjoyed the pics of the other "goings on" in your life, but I long for the babes. An Ella story would top it off well. Can't wait to see ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete