Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday's Memories: The River Thames

First of all, I just have to say that I love how much more distinguished it sounds to place River at the front instead of the end.  Or at least, it sounds more British, and British = more distinguished, right?  The River Tennessee.  See?  The River Chattahoochee...I don't know if you can make that sound distinguished.  As an aside, I never considered just how many of our names are Native American.  Brits got a big kick out of hearing we lived in such places as Tuscaloosa and Sylacauga.

We spent a lot of time on Westminster Bridge with me just trying to soak in that I was standing over the River Thames.  


I suppose this is properly called Westminster Palace, 
where the Parliament convenes.

A Normal Picture

An "I can't believe I'm in England!!!" Picture



We felt slightly giddy, despite the fact that KJ had been awake 26 hours straight by this point.
I can't believe I was really there.

P.S.  I saw a bride and groom having pictures made on the bridge there, the bride's
veil and dress blowing in the wind.
How great is that wedding album going to be.

2 comments:

  1. No, we didn't. KJ has before, though. It's the London Eye that was built to commemorate the new millennium in 2000. It holds about 30 people standing up. It's huge!

    ReplyDelete