Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time-Savers

I've been meaning to do some product placement for a while because I discovered these products in the same week a few months ago.  They work great, and they are big time-savers, too. So hear you go.

The first is Suave Professionals new dry shampoo.

I first found heard about dry shampoo when James was a newborn, and I was dying to try some because we all know how often mothers of newborns get to take showers and wash their hair.  I thought this could be an amazing solution for those days when the shower just didn't happen.  

I ended up finding some at the salon at Wal-Mart that I paid $20 for (I was desperate for clean hair.), but I wasn't totally pleased with it.  It did add more volume, but it also added a lot of static electricity and left a grayish white residue where I sprayed it on my roots.  

But this product works so much better.  There is no residue and no static electricity.  It absorbs oil, smells great, and gives you some extra volume up top so you look like you have freshly washed and dried hair.  BAM.  Plus, you only pay about $3 for it at Target.  My Wal-Mart didn't carry it last time I checked.  It's not exactly the same as if you washed and dried your hair, but it will get you through that early-morning class when you sleep in or the early run to the grocery store or that day when your baby or young child doesn't give you time to hop in the shower.  

My next time saver is Tyson's Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts.


I think I unintentionally bought these once, but they turned out to be great.  They are already cooked, and all you have to do is put them in a covered dish and pop them in the microwave for less than 10 minutes.  You don't have to worry about thawing them, and you don't have to wonder if they're cooked all the way through or not.  They're a little more expensive than regular raw frozen chicken breasts but not by much, and they're really nice to have on hand for a busy night.  If you're running late starting dinner, pop these in the microwave and some vegetables on the stove, and you have a healthy meal in 15 minutes.  You can't beat that.  Also, they really did have a great flavor, and they're only 110 calories, I think.  

I think these would be great for preparing a meal for one, too. They're individually packaged, so you just take out what you need.  And that is my product placement for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment