Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just a Little Update

Last night:


  • We had such a pleasant evening together.
  • Ella watched Tom and Jerry and ate popcorn with James.
  • Ella did her homework while I made dinner.  She was tracing cursive A's.
  • Ella practiced her reading while I cleaned up the mess James made in her room.
  • We all ate the same thing for dinner.  This is a miracle.  I felt like the perfect wife and mother for a few moments.
  • Ella and I made brownies and colored together.
  • We all ate said brownies together.
  • KJ and I talked.
  • The kids watched Tangled and drank chocolate milk before bed.
  • We got down the baby swing from the attic because...
This morning:

  • I'm baby-sitting a 7-week old baby for a few hours.
  • Ella and KJ left for school on time.
  • James is eating CHOCOLATE Lucky Charms for breakfast.  I feel okay about this because the box says it has "more whole grain than any other ingredient."  I'm sure they feel obligated to write that on their packaging, because Chocolate Lucky Charms is crazy...but they were BOGO at Publix this week, and I'm a fun mom, so I bought them.
  • I have one hour to clean up the house and prepare James and I for a baby-filled morning.

5 comments:

  1. You got me...I just knew you were going to say you got down the baby swing because you were pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, Laura! That totally wasn't my intent! But I think I'm getting the benefits of a new baby without the trouble of being pregnant. It's pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart has just now quit racing, Lynn Pugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I greatly enjoyed reading your lists, and I hope it was a great morning of babysitting. I love your heart to serve and give to others. I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, sweet Katie! I love you, too. Skype date again soon?

    Apparently I've given much unintentional false alarm today, Molly. Whoops. :)

    ReplyDelete