Monday, November 14, 2011

Friday and Saturday

Where did the weekend go?  I'm not sure.  It seems to have gone by quite quickly.  Hillary spent her break with us last week, and we enjoyed having Ella home from school on Friday.  Hillary "taught" her how to crochet, and she spent the day beside her friend on the couch working away.  I may have to buy her some supplies for Christmas.  We ended the day with another little Fall photo shoot.


We hung out around the house all day Saturday, but it still seemed like an eventful day.  It began with KJ cutting the grass with the kids' help, while I cleaned up various rooms.  KJ then began to change my oil.  He's done it a few times before to save a little money, but this time it wasn't worth the few dollars it saved.  While turning the wrench under the car, he lost hold of it, and it fell on his head.  Ella came running in the house and told me to come outside because Dad was bleeding, and it was an emergency.  I'm not sure what I expected, but it definitely wasn't the thick stream of blood coming from KJ's forehead.  

I ran for a paper towel, and we got him inside and lay him down on the floor.  I was looking for bandages and such when James decided it was the perfect time to demand a cup in a loud voice and try to pull me in the direction of the kitchen.  He also began to go through the contents of the first aid kit, and my stress levels rose.

Thankfully, KJ only has a cut on his forehead, a small ping in the corner of his glasses (kind of like what you'd see on your windshield), and a little bruise at the corner of his eye.  I don't think he's going to be changing our oil much anymore, though he did go out and finish the job after a brief rest.  

I spent some time scrapbooking with Ella in the afternoon and lamented the passing of years.  Where did this little girl go?  I love her curly hair.


My blogging was interrupted by a clean-up job (James dropped a can of carbonated water that spewed all over the floor.) and a coloring project with James.  Now I'm afraid I've lost my previous train of thought.

One thing is clear, though.  Life is not boring around here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment