Monday, October 31, 2011

A little sickness, a little fun

Oh my, oh my, the dreaded stomach virus has come to our house.  Poor KJ got sick yesterday afternoon and is currently quarantined in our bedroom.  He did request some bread this morning, so perhaps that is a good sign.  I'm so sorry that he's sick.  

I slept on the couch last night, so I didn't have the best of sleeps.  Everyone slept in a bit, and I decided to keep Ella home as a precautionary measure.  I am hoping no one else gets sick, but I would hate for her to get hit with this at school.  Not only would it be awful for her, it would then spread around to her entire class. If we can all make it through until tomorrow morning, maybe we will be in the clear.

Meanwhile, as long as we're feeling okay, it's kind of like a mini-holiday to have both my children at home.  It has been so, so fun watching Ella and James play together this weekend.  They are so precious.  Friday night we played a family game of hide and seek.  At first, Ella and KJ were a team, and I was teamed up with James.  James loves to hide.  He stays pretty quiet but also giggles periodically and whispers, "Hide."  His favorite hiding places are in the bath tub and in dark closets.  

KJ suggested switching partners, so Ella picked James.  It was fun following the sounds of their laughter.  Here's a few other things they've been doing together this weekend:



I LOVE these children.

James said his first sentence yesterday, incorporating one of his new words.  He climbed the 18 stairs in our church and then hit his head on the rail as he stood back up, and I said, "Ooohhh," and James said, "I'm okay."  He then went full speed ahead into the sanctuary.  

I need to make a grocery list and a meal plan.  I'm also in need of some more medicine for allergy-related stuff.  My throat is a bit sore this morning.  It's that time of year!  

Today has been an unexpected start to our week.  In fact, yesterday right before KJ got sick, I was asking him about each day and what we had coming up.  Monday didn't include keeping Ella home from school and KJ having a virus, but I must admit, after two weeks away from home, I will take a day of everyone being at home, even if it involves a little sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment