Saturday, October 1, 2011

2009

It was one of the first cool mornings of the season, just like this one, when KJ and I drove to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. so my labor could be induced.  I was so happy.  I was happy to have a new baby but even more happy in that moment that I wouldn't be pregnant much longer.  


James was heavy and riding low on my pelvis, and while I've had two great pregnancies, I was ready to be done with this one.  I went to the doctor September 24, hoping to be told my doctor would induce me a week before James' due date, which was October 10.  My doctor was going to be out of town, though, would I want to do it a week from today, on the first of October?  YES.  PLEASE.  I was already dilated 2 cm.  Things were great.  I knew it was TIME.  And it was.

Don't you think that's a pretty healthy weight
for 10 days "early?"

Baby James sure was a precious baby, sweet, and sleepy, and cuddly.  

Those were wonderful days.

Two-year-old James is pretty fun, too, though.  He can still be cuddly and is very affectionate.  He gives kisses and hugs pretty freely.  He likes to snuggle in the mornings and puts his head on your shoulder when you are putting him to bed.

James still sucks his thumb when he is going to sleep but not really any other time.  He loves his sister and always wants to play with her and her things.  He loves cars, cookies, and swinging.  Please don't say those words in front of him unless you're prepared to give him a car, a cookie, or take him out to swing.  He loves to write, color, dance, and read books.  He doesn't like being confined to one space, such as the church nursery.  He doesn't like that at all.  He's pretty good at obeying, and his new favorite phrase is, "Aww, man...".  Oh, yes, and he also loves children's programming on Nickelodeon.  His current favorites since Ella went to school are Bubble Guppies ("Bu-bu-bu"), Max and Ruby ("Maaax"), and I regret to say, Dora the Explorer ("Butts").  Boots IS his favorite character.

We're so glad God gave you to us, James-boy.  It's time for you to wake up and celebrate!

This is a face he makes a lot.
Did I mention he likes balls?

Dancing

Picnic

P.S.  He still drools.  He can still soak through a bib like a champ.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMES!!
    Thank you for the post. It's always sweet to remember.

    ReplyDelete