Friday, October 7, 2011

And so it begins.

Today begins a lot of non-stop action.  I have to take advantage of every moment from now until we leave for the airport on Monday.  Why am I taking time to blog?  It's therapetic.  (I spelled it wrong on purpose.  You should watch The Andy Griffith Show if you don't get it.  Barney's sort of known for saying things like, therapetic and compelsion.)  That was such a long parenthetical comment.


So here it goes.  I will be spending the morning cleaning the house and packing overnight bags for myself and the kids.  We are traveling to my parents' house tonight to attend a cousin's wedding in Athens tomorrow.  I think the plan is to leave James with my parents.  James at a wedding would be...you know.  I'm looking forward to time with family, but when we roll back into town early Saturday evening, we've got to get all the packing done for our trip while caring for children and taking breaks for church.  It will probably be a little bit crazy at times but I'm hoping to remain stress-free and enjoy my children.


I took dinner to a friend who just had a baby last night, and when I came home Ella and James gave me the sweetest welcome.  It was obvious they had really missed me, and I wondered if they would be okay with me gone for two whole weeks.  I know they will, but I think they will miss me.


I better get going.  I'm supposed to pick up KJ and Ella shortly after noon.  Please pray for us and for James and his runny nose.  It's flowing along, and I can tell he doesn't feel great.  He's a bit more whiny than normal, which sometimes raises my stress level when I'm trying to accomplish tasks.  And tasks simply must be accomplished today.  


Only 89 hours until my feet
stand on British soil!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I pray that you can, indeed, enjoy the time with family, enjoy your children, and not be too stressed with your to-do list.

    (and keep that sanitizer coming. i'd don't want you to get sick before your trip!) I can't believe it's so close!

    of course, i loved the AG references. :)

    ReplyDelete