Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm procrastinating.

Sometimes when I start to feel overwhelmed by all I have to do...


I mess around with pictures instead.

I was deleting unnecessary pictures from last month and found this one.
I love James following after his sister and Ella playing in the background.

I really need to get started on the day.

We made some reservations yesterday, one in Alton, which will be our base of operations for exploring all things Jane Austen, and one in Oxford for exploring...Oxford.  Also, Winston Churchill's family home (palace to be exact) is right down the road. 

I discovered yesterday that a pleasant hotel/B&B experience is worth 40 extra pounds to me.  I read review after review on different places in Oxford.  Most places had a mixture of good reviews with some bad ones thrown in, and I know every experience is different, but I don't want to save money if my toilet is going to leak, or my room be dirty and smelly, or the staff be rude, or any of the other variety of things I read about on TripAdvisor.  Therefore, 40 extra pounds will be spent on a place with only glowing reviews.

At this particular B&B, 40 additional pounds would buy us the "Champagne Breakfast."
I'm not sure what that is, but we're going to stick with the complimentary "English Breakfast" instead.

I am bathing myself in hand sanitizer today because James has a runny nose, and when I try to wipe it, he just rubs his hands all in it and cries and gets a lot of snot on me.  It's gross, but I love that snotty-nosed boy.

I think that's enough stalling for now.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was blessed by your stalling :)

    And SOOO excited about the 40 additional pound B&B! I agree, it's definitely worth it!

    Can't believe your dream will be realized so soon, and I, too, love the pic.

    ReplyDelete