Monday, October 3, 2011

A Busy Week Ahead

There are so many things I need to be working on to ready my children for two weeks without me and to ready myself and KJ for a trip across the ocean.  We leave one week from tomorrow!  I can't believe it is here.  My feet will be on British soil before I know it.  

I couldn't resist taking some time to share a few pictures from James' birthday yesterday.  This little boy ADORES cars, and cars adorned every gift he received.  It made him so happy.  "Cars!  Cars!  Cars!"  Those words were on his lips all the day long.

Race car cookies!

For someone who has never decorated cookies, I was happy they turned out as well as they did.  I only wanted them to be recognizable  to James.  They were, and he loved them.

A mid-morning cookie break

I gave James a set of several small cars, which he was so thrilled to receive.  He gathered as many as he could hold in his hands and lined them up carefully on the sofa.


Then he moved them to the bookshelf.


He was so happy.

Then he moved the cars to the chair...


and made one last stop at the keyboard.


I love my precious boy.  It's fun having a two-year-old.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! So great, Lynn!! I love all of the cars, the fantastic cookies (great job!), and that precious boy of yours. (i also enjoyed seeing some clothes that used to fit a little boy of mine who was once two himself . . . sniff.) Continue to enjoy him! And enjoy thinking about 1 week from tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. love picturing him moving those cars from place to place to place. how fun! happy birthday james!

    ReplyDelete