Monday, October 17, 2016

Truly Scrumptious

James loves the Spar, but if you ask him what his other favorite shop in town is, he would say, "The Sweet Shop."  Now, traditional English sweets aren't really a temptation for me (I'd rather have chocolate.), but my kids do like "sweet-ties."  That's my best attempt at typing out James's English pronunciation.  This afternoon we walked to the hairdresser to make an appointment for James and happened upon a new sweet shop in town, Truly Scrumptious.  Since I've been blogging my way through town, I thought I'd take my boy in for a treat.


He couldn't believe his good fortune that instead of a haircut he got to pick out 100 grams of candy. They scoop it out of the jar and weight it on the scales.  The only difficulty is deciding what to choose.


The shop owner said she just opened last week, and we hope they do well.  James was one happy customer.  Oddly enough, his favorite that he picked out was a sugar free option that he said just tasted like fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment