Monday, October 10, 2016

Our Road to Boroughbridge

October 10, 2011 was a Monday, too.  And it was on that Monday five years ago today that I boarded an airplane with my husband for my first overseas flight to, you guessed it, England.  It was the result of a sudden lightning bolt decision in February 2010 that hey, we were grown-ups and could go places.  And the end result of that lightning bolt moment is that five years later I am recording our lives on the same little blog I kept then from our home in North Yorkshire, England.


I had nothing more in my head but a really fun "trip of a lifetime" with my husband.  Yet, "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps."  

And as Bilbo warned Frodo, "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door...You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

No comments:

Post a Comment