Thursday, October 6, 2016

Seasons at the Boroughbridge Playground

We arrived in Boroughbridge on November 1, 2014, and in our first couple of weeks in town we spent a lot of time at the playground.  We weren't in our own home yet, and we were trying to learn our way around, and you know how kids always love to check out a new playground.


It was also a good place to get to know new friends.


I always enjoy cutting through the upper part of the playground when walking to the other side of town.  For some reason, the thick green grass and the trees in a line always remind me of the way Avonlea is portrayed in the Anne movies.


It's especially lovely in the spring and fall!


When Ella slides back and forth on the above contraption it sounds just like the T.A.R.D.I.S. coming and going.


I really love watching the seasons change in a place.

2 comments:

  1. Remember the egg hunt we did at Easter on the bank after roast lamb at your house? Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! One of my most treasured memories. I loved that Easter.

      Delete