Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Pumpkin Spice Latte in Boroughbridge (!!!!)

This is the time of year in America, of course, when Pumpkin Spice everything appears, to the point that it gets a little ridiculous.  HOWEVER, I really do love that spicy autumn mixture of pumpkin, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  The first pumpkin pie I ever tried was at Thanksgiving my freshman year of college, and it won my heart.  I loved it so much, my mom measured out all the spices I would need into a Ziploc bag for me to take back to school and recreate it for my roommates.  I'm still figuring out the best way to make that pie here because there is no Cool Whip in the UK!

But back to pumpkin spice....  A good friend in town was so kind to let me know that one of the local cafes was advertizing a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Pumpkin served sweet is not a normal thing here at all, but this year I've seen it much more than the previous two autumns, which has been a fun taste of home.  The arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte in Boroughbridge seemed like an occasion worthy of a mother/daughter outing.



There was a lot of cinnamon goodness sprinkled on top.  Don't tell Starbucks, but this tasted better.



I ordered Ella a brownie, which was incredibly ginormous, but she was nonplussed when I cut off a sliver for myself.  She comes by it naturally; I don't like to share desserts either.



It was an on again-off again rainy sort of day, and it was good to spend some time with my growing-up girl.  She's a treasure.


1 comment: