Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Year in the Blog-o-sphere

Today marks the one year anniversary of my entrance into the world of blogging.  When I mentioned this to KJ this morning he said, "What would I do without my blogger?"  (I'm afraid that no one but me will recognize this as a quote from Sherlock Holmes in the new BBC Sherlock, but it is, so my husband was demonstrating yet again his uncanny ability of remembering obscure quotes from movies and using them in very apropos ways.)  He then commented that it seems as if I've always been blogging.  And in many ways he is right.  

I have loved having a creative outlet and a means of inducing me to write down and remember the million little moments of these early days of mothering that would otherwise be lost and forgotten.  By way of remembering, you can read my first blog post, Tuesdays with Hillary, HERE.  Also, for your viewing pleasure, here is the video that I never could get to load at the end of that post.


There are a million small changes that have taken place in our lives in the past year, but perhaps the passing of time is most easily seen in James.  That video clip is from the end of January, but here's my baby last March.


I would love to post something infinitely clever on my one-year anniversary, but I'm afraid that baby pictured above is now quite mobile and whiny and needs his mother to come up with something for him to do.  He's already cleaned out the pantry, played with the shape-sorter, walked around with a blanket over his head, run into a chair and bumped his head, and he's currently shut himself in the bathroom and is banging on the door.  Better run.  Thanks for reading!  I think that after one year, I'm still happy wherever I am and whomever I'm with, though I'm still too much in touch with reality to be as completely pleasant as Elwood Dowd.  I'm working on it.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! MY OWN TAG! James was so tiny.
    I'm glad you "inflict your opinions on the world" because I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 year, Lynn! SO GLAD you started this, for many reasons! You do such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leslie and Katie!

    Great quote, Hillary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am happy you have made a mark in this world of blogging. Happy 1 year. I miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete