Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Weekend

The kids and I just returned from a weekend trip to my parents' house, otherwise known as B.P. and Debbo's.  Upon arriving the kids checked out the main attractions.


The Stairs

The Treadmill

Debbo found some treasures up in Uncle Jesse's closet.




And this was only the beginning.
Ella abandoned the Disney castle...


for this little guy and the figurine we found inside him.

"Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi.  You're my only hope."

We also found a case with no less than twenty Batman figurines.  It brought back such memories of life at home with little brothers.  Uncle Josh and Aunt Nicole came up for dinner Friday night.  It was so good to see them.



I stayed home from church with James on Sunday since the blooming of flowers outside has caused his head to be stuffy and his nose to be snotty.  But I was able to go to a tea for a friend of mine from high school (and Junior High) who is getting married next month.  It was fun to see all her new, pretty things and to share in her excitement.  The tea was held at the home of one of Ella's favorite people in my hometown, Shelby Grace, so Ella was so excited to be there, too.



Uncle Jesse and Aunt Sandy came up late Sunday night, so we were able to spend time with them yesterday morning, as well.  Thankfully the kids traveled well on the journey home, and thanks to KJ, we arrived to a spotless house.  Since we immediately brought in our bazillion travel bags this was an especially good thing.  We're glad to be back home and excited about the week ahead.  There is much to do and much going on around here, so I'm off to the work!

P.S.  It is 8:07, and Ella is still asleep.  She must have been exhausted by our travels.  James, on the other hand, has already had breakfast, and has shut himself up in my closet.  Should I let him out or not?

2 comments:

  1. I highly approve of the Star Wars action figures. Very, very highly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon re-reading - the fact that Ella abandoned the Disney Castle for R2... I'm just speechless. Clearly the result of quality parenting.

    ReplyDelete