Monday, March 28, 2011

Judson

Today is my littlest brother's birthday.  I suppose he's not so little anymore, though.  He's 22 today.  Here he is when he turned five.


I show this picture so you can notice how the siblings contributed to the birthday celebration.
The flowers and balloons were my contribution (I've always been a terrible artist.).
I'm guessing Jesse contributed the Batman and Robin characters.
His balloon text says, "Robin, to the BATCAVE."  

As the baby of the family, Judson let me "mother" him a little longer than the other boys.  He used to crawl in bed with me in the middle of the night when he was little.  I don't think I was always nice about this arrangement.  I can remember it getting on my nerves.  But as I sit here and look at old family pictures and contemplate the fact that my firstborn will turn five this year, I feel ashamed for the times I was such a mean big sister.  Babies don't stay babies forever.

Oh, look.  There we are in a tree!

And there's Batman and Robin.

Judson has always loved my babies.


He taught himself how to play the guitar.

He's really good.


We love you, Uncle Judson.

We wish you a happy birthday
and pray for much grace to be upon you in your 22nd year.

We're thankful for you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me how children can look so much like both their parents! The first picture of Judson (opening his gift) looks so much like Ella (even though you can only see from his nose up) ~ so obviously she looks like your family! The pic of Judson holding Ella in front of the window looks just like KJ as a baby ~ I feel like I am looking at a picture of him!!! James is the same way ~ sometimes he looks like you and then he definitely looks like KJ ~ it's crazy ~ they are both just beautiful!!! And Happy Birthday Judson!

    ReplyDelete