Saturday, March 19, 2011

What We've Been Doing

This week has been a little busier than normal; thus, the absence of blog posts throughout most of it.  Sometimes it's hard for me to remember what I've been doing, but after sitting here thinking about it I can remember that...


Wednesday I did housework all morning, and T came over for a visit around lunchtime.  She stayed with the kids while I went to buy an ink cartridge for our printer.  I ran it dry last week printing off internet coupons, causing KJ to wonder if it would be worth it financially in the end.  We'll see.  Ella wanted to help T clean out her car, so it was just me and James for the rest of the afternoon.  I had forgotten how peaceful and easy life is with just one child's needs to meet.  We went outside to play for a little while, and I read outside for a little while longer after I put him down for his nap.  It was nice.  I also got cleaned up while he was napping, and we went to church in the evening.  


Pretty Curls

Thursday I decided to go to Birmingham with Hillary to visit her new niece in the hospital.  We took Ella with us, and it was fun to visit with Hillary's family.  Ann Elizabeth was definitely sugar and spice and everything nice.


KJ and I went to our couples Bible study immediately following my return, and then we had a few friends over later that night.  KJ impressed everyone with his knowledge of Tolkien lore as they pored over an atlas of Middle Earth.  Yes, we are that cool.

Friday I spent the morning at the grocery store.  I'm attempting to save money through taking advantage of Buy One Get One deals and using coupons.  It takes a little longer to shop, but I'm hoping it will pay off for me.  By that I mean that KJ has told me whatever is left over from our grocery budget is mine to use as I please.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I cleaned the house throughout the afternoon and prepared to make the amazing Barbecue Pizza we made last spring break.  It was amazing again.  After dinner we went for a walk around the block, enjoying the rise of the full moon.  Kameron and Olivia are in town for the weekend, so we enjoyed hanging out with them after the kids went to bed.  Unfortunately, the battery on my camera was dead, so there are no pictures from that, but here's the moon.

Are my moon pictures becoming repetitive?
I'm sorry.
The glory of the moon never dims for me, though.

Saturday is here already!  KJ is going to watch the kids while I take a walk, and then we'll enjoy some time at home, followed by more hanging out with these fun kids.


My meditation for the day:

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you.
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow
will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 6:33-34 -

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ann Elizabeth is a beautiful newborn. :)

    ReplyDelete