Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Once upon a time Katie sent an e-mail.

I took a few family pictures for KJ's sister for their Christmas card when they were here a couple of weeks ago.  After we got a few smiles from the kids, we let them run free and took a few pictures of Katie and David.  Mamas like having romantic pictures made with their husbands.  After all, once upon a time it was how the whole adventure of raising a family began.

Long before there was Facebook, a young lady sent an e-mail to a young man serving the Lord in Africa.  She reminded him of her relationship to his friend KJ and told him she had been reading his newsletters and was praying for him.  E-mail begat e-mail begat longer and longer e-mails, and David put a ring on her finger not long after his return home.  





And I think they're going to live happily ever after for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, dear Lynn. I was NOT expecting this when you said you posted a few of our pics today. I am speechless.

    But I'll try . . .

    First of all, thank you for being so kind to take these pictures of us; like you said, Mama/Hubs pics are so rare. And THEN to take time to edit, to share about "our story", and to so beautifully arrange the photos . . . I see this as another Christmas present, even after your previous lavish generosity! Thank you for the gift, precious sister. You're TOO kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet words you wrote! I adore these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. They're a pretty sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to think that I had a little part to play in the matter :) Not much mind you, but it did take two emails from me before things started moving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great, Lynn! I love them all! And I love the subjects of the pictures even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are precious. And I'm SO THANKFUL for the part that you played, K.J. NOT so little, mind you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved these! Thanks so much for sharing. So special to take the time to remember and protect this love of husband and wife. Too often we give our all to the the kiddos and don't save anything for our spouses. Thanks, David and Katie, for the great example your marriage is to me and Shane!

    ReplyDelete