Thursday, December 29, 2011

Music for Your Car

If you've ever wanted a CD of Scripture songs for your kids that wouldn't drive you crazy listening to it in the car, I have a quick recommendation for you.  Check out Seeds Family Worship.  Someone gave us Seeds of Courage, and Ella got Seeds of Purpose for Christmas.  All the songs are a couple of verses of straight Scripture, and God's life-filled Word is the perfect antidote to whatever anxiety a mother of young children might be feeling.  Not to mention that my just learning to talk 2-year-old is now singing phrases of Scripture.  They're his favorite songs.

A few weeks ago I was leaving church after James ran head-long into the side of a door, and I was wondering if he might have a concussion and how I could tell and what I should do, and was I really going to survive this boy?  But James always demands his "song" now, and the words I hear booming out of the car speakers are, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  And it was repeated a few times, and it was the perfect antidote to my fears and anxiety.  Thank you God for James.  Please let him be okay.  Please keep him safe.  Please help me to take care of him rightly.  And then..."the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  

Last night was the first time we opened Ella's new CD.  We went to McDonald's before church to let the kids eat and play, and as we were leaving, KJ took the kids out, and I was cleaning off the table.  I grabbed the top of KJ's cup of water, not knowing he had left the top slightly off.  It was full of water, and when I grabbed it around the top it buckled and water spilled everywhere, including on the knee of the little boy eating dinner beside us.  I felt so bad for getting him wet, and of course there was nothing I could do about it at that point.  After alerting an employee to the mess we headed to the car where the music came back on where we'd left off:  "Each day has enough trouble of its own, each day has enough trouble of it's own.  So do not worry, do not worry..."  Well, then.  KJ and I just laughed.  Each day does indeed have enough trouble of its own.  I'm glad Jesus commands us the freedom of not worrying.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! What an encouraging post. Love us some Seeds (and James, of course) :)

    And the cousin pics below . . . PRICELESS! Thank you for posting.

    Love to my family

    ReplyDelete