Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monday's Memories: Picking up the Hired Car

I tried to post this video last night, but YouTube was experiencing technical difficulties.  Now you have some Monday's Memories on Tuesday!  


The first Wednesday morning of our trip I got up before KJ and went to the breakfast room to fix my continental breakfast, British style.  I ate a bowl of cereal and some crusty brown bread with jam.  I even fixed myself a hot cup of tea in the absence of my usual Diet Mountain Dew.  I carried the laptop with me so I could post a few pictures and enjoyed a conversation with a man who was heading off to an African island with his wife for their holiday.  I loved the conversations I was able to have with people.


The owner of the Bed and Breakfast helped us load our luggage and drove us to the Holiday Inn at Povey Cross where we were hiring a car.  The following video is of our first little cruise around the parking lot with KJ testing out his left-handed stick-shifting abilities.  It ends with me freaking out that we're about to be the cause of death for a Brighton bicyclist.


KJ and I laughed and laughed at my voice on here last night.  But you tell me what you would have done.  KJ was barreling toward that unsuspecting rider, and it did not look like he was going to slow down.  There was traffic on his immediate right and nowhere for him to go.  Enjoy a little glimpse into our first day on the road.


3 comments:

  1. My "watch out" would have been much sooner and much louder. Props to the videographer and to the driver for having mad skills with the left-handed stick shift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tamara. :) He got the hang of it pretty quickly and only forgot about driving on the left side a couple of times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Further gratitude for having a peek into your adventures; and I second Tamara's "props" :)

    ReplyDelete