Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Weekend

Over the weekend we...

stopped to notice the loveliness around us.


KJ left for work Friday morning, closing the front door and locking us in,
but then returning a few seconds later to say,
"If you want to take some pictures this morning, the water on the poinsettia
is really pretty."  

I was thankful for a husband who noticed and then made sure I noticed, too.

We went to a Christmas party...


where KJ enjoyed his favorite food,
chicken in a jalapeno pepper wrapped in bacon.

Ella decorated Christmas cookies...


and we came home with a plate of deliciousness. 


James and Ella were introduced to Nerf guns.


I'm sorry to say that Elmo's nose was used for target practice.


I designed a Christmas card.


And we went to a movie and stayed up so late last night,
and I thought it would be okay since the kids are with grandparents,
and we could sleep in today, but...

I guess I lost the ability to sleep in somewhere along the way.
I wake up at about the same time every morning no matter what time I go to bed.

I told KJ this morning he was in charge of making me go to bed on time tonight.
No matter how much I beg to stay up and have a little more fun, 
he can't give in to me.

You know what's funny?
Ella is just like me.  
She hates going to bed.  She'll cry and say,
"I just didn't get to do everything I wanted to yet."

I say the same thing to KJ on occasion.  

But it was a good weekend, and I'm excited about the week ahead
and so thankful for the people the Lord has placed in our lives.

4 comments:

  1. Thankful for K.J. noticing the little lovelies in life (and I didn't realize he like jalapenos. :))

    The cookies are too cute, and the card - again, wow! You did a fabulous job.

    "Hello!" Hillary's David, and poor Elmo.

    I love, LOVE that Ella is just like you, even if it means that bedtime can be a little difficult.

    So, I'm not going to go back and comment on all of the posts that I've missed lately, but I must say - the "one more picture" of you, K.J., & Ben is really dreamy. ;)

    And I may borrow some of the pics from family Christmas together, if that's okay. Thank you for spending time with Claire on the playground; you were so dear to do that, as well as document your time with a picture.

    Okay, I think that's all :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help yourself to the pictures, Katie! And I liked that picture of me and KJ, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you, Lynn Pugh! And you too, Katie K! I am glad you both were placed in my life.

    Beautiful card, friend!

    Oh Miss Ella, girl after my own heart. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, sweet Molly! I'm so thankful for you, too, and wishing we could all stay up late together. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete