Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Five Days of Christmas

I had these grand ideas of posting all the pictures day by day of our Pugh family Christmas but realized this morning that if I waited to do that I would never write about our weekend.  December is a busy month, yes?  Thus, a brief summary and a few pictures and not a blow-by-blow and EVERY picture.

Thursday I spent the day cleaning, packing, and cooking in preparation for our celebration.  James was unusually quiet and content to sit in one place and watch cartoons while I bustled about, and I had so much to do I was happy to let him.  I thought, "He's being so easy today."  At nap time, I gathered him up to change his diaper, and his skin was so hot, and I said, "Oh.  That explains it."  A temperature of 101.8 was causing his unusual stillness.  I gave him some ibuprofen, and he slept for three hours.  When he awoke his temperature was 103.  Even so, he was still pretty perky when we drove over to KJ's parents around 5 p.m.  

We had dinner, exchanged gifts, talked and shared, and it was a good night.  James did end up getting in the bed with me, sending KJ seeking the comfort of his own bed at 1:30 in the morning. I didn't get much sleep, but I liked having my feverish boy close.  He was so sweet.

I think John David liked his new pajamas.

As did Claire.

Ella loved her new sleeping bag.

The sweet feverish boy was quite satisfied with his new Blues Clues DVD.

And T and Big Daddy were quite satisfied to have all their brood home.

I've been waiting all year to take pictures with Christmas tree lights in the background with my new camera.  Be forewarned, I'll probably ask you to pose there if you come to my house.

I don't think Kam and O. minded following my instructions to kiss in front of the lights, though.

Friday morning we woke up to Praline French Toast and the unwrapping of more gifts.  James' temperature had dropped to 101 something, so it was headed in the right direction.  Ella spent the day playing happily with cousins and then went to a birthday party in the afternoon.  I did a quick photo shoot with the Kizziahs, and Olivia and I designed a Christmas card for them.

I love this picture of James reading the back of his new DVD.
He's so studious.

A sweet couple

We all enjoyed a good night's sleep in our own beds Friday night, and after cleaning up the house a bit took the kids to spend time with T, while Big Daddy took all the adults to lunch.  It was a fun time together, followed by the girls doing a little shopping.  

My lunch date

Sunday we had church in the morning, followed by a big family lunch, followed by preparations for our Lottie Moon Banquet.  I got to spend a little alone time with Claire on Sunday morning.  She did a great job sitting through the service but got a little restless at the end.  I was more than happy for an excuse to take her out and play.


Monday we had another family lunch with KJ's grandmother and made all the great-grandkids pose for a picture.  Those attempts are always funny.  Then we spent the afternoon visiting with my parents and going to Ella's Christmas play, where she was the most beautiful Mary ever.  Pictures from that coming soon.  

This one was one of my favorites of everyone watching KJ's attempts
 to get James in the picture.

There has been much running to and fro over the past 6 days, but they have been rich in fellowship, and we have enjoyed them.  We are so thankful for our family. 

3 comments:

  1. All of these pictures made my heart so happy, Lynn Pugh! That is one great pic of you and your man!

    I love you and miss you so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on all of the Lynn Pugh I've missed out on here lately. Your Christmas tree shots are amazing, by the way. I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Hannah Brown. :) I really liked my Christmas tree shots, too.

    ReplyDelete