Friday, May 27, 2011

This Week

What a slow blogging week it has been for me.  Sometimes taking care of kids takes up a lot of time.  Obviously.  So, what have we been up to in the past few days of having KJ back home?  Let's see...


My mom brought the kids back to us on Monday.  They had such a good time with B.P. and Debbo.  The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet.  Mom had purchased new toys on the way home (Disney princess dress-up doll for Ella and some trucks for James), and the kids were so busy playing with their new toys, I laid up in bed and finished a book.  Note to self:  When you have something you need to accomplish or just want a break, new toys can help with that.


On Tuesday life got a little bit more back to normal.  James talked to me in a whiny voice all day.  I was really glad when it was time for his nap.  After the conversation with Ella about us not eating at restaurants very much (see previous post), I remembered that Tuesdays were Family Night's at Chick-Fil-A.  Kids eat free with the purchase of a combo meal.  We met KJ for dinner and had a lot of fun.


I really love the pictures of the kids peeking around the corner at the cow.  They liked him, but there was no way they were getting any closer.



When we got home we walked to the entrance of the neighborhood for a Homeowner's Association meeting.  (Woo-hoo!)  The general consensus was we should definitely build a playground and picnic area with the money we've been adding to the coffers over the years.  I wonder how long it will take to materialize?  A neighborhood playground will be bliss.  Our backyard is already like a neighborhood playground anyway.  That would bring us to Wednesday.


I learned that if you turn on the sprinkler, 
they will come.  It's summer in my neighborhood, folks.

KJ came home from work early yesterday, and we decided to take the kids to a park with a fountain to play.  It's such a great place.  There's a huge fountain for playing, and then you can run across a field to a playground.  Running across fields makes little boys tired.  Plus little boys really like running across fields.  My kids are clamoring for my attention so pictures from yesterday will have to wait.  But I just wanted you to know we were alive and kicking 'round these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment