Thursday, May 12, 2011

This and That

Ella woke up this morning running a 102-degree temperature.  She crept into our bed at 4:30 a.m., whereupon KJ took her back to her bed.  We didn't know anything was wrong at this point.  At 6:20 she was back in our room, and she had taken off her pajamas.  


"Ella, what are you doing without your pajamas?"


"I was so hot."


"You know you don't need to get up this early."

"I was just so hot I didn't know what to do."


I still didn't know anything was wrong with her, except for the fact that it was an hour earlier than she usually wakes up in the morning.  She crawled in our bed (without pajamas), and I got up to get her some Benadryl (because she has been coughing and stuffy, not because I wanted to knock her out).  When I gave her the medicine my hand brushed her cheek.


"Ella, you are really hot!"

"I know!!"


She'd been trying to tell me the best way she knew how.  It was then that I took her temp.  I'm pretty sure she probably has what James had.  I'm not sure if James ever had a fever.  I thought he felt warm a couple of times, but it wasn't high enough to make me want to go through the wrestling match of trying to take his temperature.  Today has been a relaxing, movie day for Ella for sure.  She's a precious girl.


In other news, look at my boy on Monday after I turned on the sprinkler in the backyard for he and Ella.  He's the cutest boy on the block.  Hands down.



No comments:

Post a Comment