Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mother's Day Babies

I wasn't able to go to church Sunday morning,
but I was able to photograph my girl before she left.


She's lovely.

And this boy...


You can see the dried snot under his eye 
if you look closely.

Now he's passed on his sickness to his sister.

I'm afraid his father might catch it, too.


As for KJ, he's going to be doing some travelling soon.
I miss him already, and he's still here.
I'm going to have to pretend he's not leaving,
because it makes my heart hurt.

But my Mother's Day was nice and quiet.
I got to go to the library by myself.
I checked out a big stack of action/forensic/mystery books.
I thought they might keep my imagination occupied while my husband is away.
I think I will also have company a lot; that helps.

You can pray for KJ as he travels,
but you can also pray for him this afternoon.
He's taking James back to the doctor for a check-up.
Here's what it's like taking James to the doctor:

He's happy until you start walking down the hall 
to the examination room.  Then he begins crying and screaming.
And that usually doesn't stop for very long until he runs out of the room at the end.
I'm going to get my hair cut and highlighted while KJ experiences this. :)
After all, I've taken James for every other visit.
Oh, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment