Sunday, May 12, 2013

Driving through Normandy, Day 1

After saying good-bye to the rest of our team yesterday morning we went to pick up our rental car.  It was so exciting to be starting off on our own and to be in a car again in the open countryside.

 I had seen pictures of the bright yellow fields, and they did not disappoint.

I was barked at by ferocious-sounding dogs to take this picture.

And Monet's gardens?  Wow.  The day had started with a little rain in Paris, but was gorgeous while we were in Giverny.  I was thankful for that.

France is a tulip-lover's dream.  They are everywhere right now.

I got out of the car to take a picture of these cows.  Apparently, they're used to receiving a special treat when their owner comes around.  They saw me and high-tailed it to a spot at the fence right behind me. I felt sorry for disappointing them. It was hilarious.


We ended the day at a spot I'd seen pictures of on Pinterest.  KJ did some work on Google maps and found it for me.  I was almost asleep when we pulled up, but the brisk wind and the breathtaking beauty of the English Channel woke me up for a while.  I sent my regards across the water to England.

France is beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment