Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Day at the Louvre

Yesterday we started out the morning passing out gospels in the area surrounding the church.  Afterwards we went to the Louvre, where we were joined by a few girls our group met at the Polyglot Tuesday night.  It's going to be hard to share just a few pictures from the Louvre, but I'll try.



Hercules defeating Hydra


Romulus and Remus being defended by the wolf

I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the Louvre since I didn't expect to recognize many things.  I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought, especially when I recognized the stories that paintings and sculptures told.  The Louvre was palatial in size and beauty, and we saw so many wonderful things.

Can you guess this one?  I did.
The Sabine Women!


There were crowds of people vying to take a picture of this lady.






We ended the night early with dinner at the church, once again served with such kindness.  It was our first night to be back at the church by 8 p.m., able to relax a little bit.  The other nights have been really late.  This morning has been more leisurely as well; we are going to eat lunch with a family from the church and members of the youth group, then off to Versailles together, where we'll be joined by a young man from Tunisia Chris and I talked to at the Polyglot.  Parker says that being welcomed and accepted by Christians is such an important part of ministry in Paris.  Pray for us as we build relationships and share the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment