Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yesterday's Activities and Conversations

I spent 4 hours at the salon yesterday and came out with fresh highlights and minus 10 inches of hair.  I really like my hair cut.  It's amazing how having short hair makes me feel younger.  Maybe because the last time my hair was this short I was 18?  I can't believe how long ago 18 was.

KJ and I have now made the decision to drive up into Scotland.  Shorter hair made me realize I was planning our trip with my Mom-brain, the brain that operates under the assumption that everything takes longer than you think and requires lots of stops for whining, eating, and breaks at kid-friendly places.  But guess what!  No kids on this trip!  We can do whatever we want whenever we want.  We can drive the length of the country in a day if we so desire.  Now we have no commitments except to spend the last two days in London so we can have time to see the major sites and catch our plane home.  We are in awe at the happiness before us.

"This is going to be the best anniversary trip EVER."

KJ laughs.  "I took you to...Birmingham once."  

Big laughs from me.  "Yes, our last anniversary trip was an overnight in Birmingham when I WAS 5 MONTHS PREGNANT.  Um, this trip is going to be a lot better."

"Yes. I'll give you 2 days vacation for every year of marriage."

I will definitely take it and gladly go vacation-less another 7 years if he will take me back someday.  

In other news, here is the other thing I did yesterday:


It was my first time to design a card without using a template.  I won't take total credit.  Katie requested flowers and ladybugs, and I think the ladybugs definitely made the invitation complete.  I think I could be a fan of digital scrap-booking.  It's all the fun with none of the mess.

Also in other news, I think I've finally adjusted to our new school schedule.  I told KJ last night that this week has felt so strange because I haven't been stressed, and I finally figured out that I think it's because we hit our groove.  Homework is done without trouble and on time, Bible verses have been memorized perfectly before they are due, and going to church and coming home for bed have been seamless.  I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lynn ~ I am so THRILLED for the trip that is so close at hand for you and K.J. I also have a feeling it will top the overnight (and pregnant) in Bham. :)
    And, again, I love the invitations every time I look at them, and I'm so thankful for your efforts that turned out so lovely; just what I was hoping for. Thank you.
    I am joining you in your gratitude for your adjustment to your new schedule. "seamless" ~ what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete