Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Days

We've been enjoying fall daisies.


Who knew there was such a thing?
I didn't, but they sure are full and pretty on our front porch.
James likes to help water the flowers.

We've been enjoying cooler temperatures in the back yard.
The hammock swing is always a hit.


We've been running down hills


and climbing up hills.


We went to a junior high school football game.


Oh, wait.  Please don't remember my new hair cut this way.
That is the wavy, frizzy, out in the humidity look.

Here is the smooth and sleek look...


only in this picture, you should ignore that crazy fake smile.
That stems from this being my fourth try getting the camera aimed just right
with a too-long lens for the job.  
Question:  Why didn't I just ask KJ to take a picture of my new look?
Answer:  I don't know.  
But despite my facial expression, I like my hair.

That was a real digression from our fall activities.


James practiced his football-tough face.
Or maybe that's his, "PLEASE can I run out on the field, Mommy?" face.

The birthday boy has also been practicing his crying skills at night.
The goal?
You win if you cry so long and hard your mommy 
gets you out of bed and lets you watch cartoons.


He won.

But in my defense, I don't get to snuggle a one-year-old much longer.

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun post, as always. Your hair looks GREAT, even in the humidity. (I love James' curls accentuated by the weather, too :) Enjoy one-year-old snuggles for a few more days. And your school girl still looks like a happy one; I'm so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love your new do! And that fake smile was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Molly! :) Here's to fake smiles.

    I like James' curls, too, Katie, and am so thankful Ella's so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT SILHOUETTE of James climbing up that hill, my fav of the post. But of course I love them all:) Cannot WAIT to see your pictures of Europe!
    Love to you and yours, and Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, sweet Falyn! Happy fall to you and Joy as well. (I can't wait to TAKE pictures in Europe.) :)

    ReplyDelete