Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting Ready

One of my first thoughts this morning?

Two weeks from today

I  will walk the streets of London.

My next thought?

It's birthday week for this guy:


Both of these events will keep me pretty busy this week.  I need to make a birthday dvd and plan a little party, and I have a myriad of lists to make for my mother and mother-in-law.  Lists such as, How to Work the TV, What will James eat?, What will Ella eat?, What does Ella wear to school?, When does James' nap?, What kind of homework does Ella have?, When is bedtime?, Where is the doctor's office?, Where is your mixer located?  You know, stuff like that.

I am so extremely thankful to our parents for taking care of our children for two whole weeks.  Sometimes I freak out a little bit about the reality of leaving the kids for that long, but I know they'll be great.  They will be having their own little adventure and irreplaceable time making memories with their grandparents.  I think that is a good thing.

As for KJ and I, we are just receiving this trip as such a gift of grace.  To have such a large amount of focused time together in such wonderful locations is a HUGE gift to us.  We haven't been alone together in 5 years (besides those precious couple of hours when the kids are in bed), nor had a week-long trip since our honeymoon.  I'm expecting to have a really wonderful and refreshing time, and I'm very thankful for it.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! I got goosebumps just thinking of the amazing time that awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe THE TRIP is just TWO weeks away!! And I can't believe that that handsome boy will be TWO!!

    ReplyDelete