Thursday, September 8, 2011

What we did today

This boy is so cute.
Isn't he so cute?


I was having a hard time trying to find the photo edit that looked "just right," but I finally gave up and just posted it as it was because it doesn't matter what I do to the picture...the boy is cute.  I spend my days with him now.  We had some fun time together today at a local park.

See, one of the best parts of being an "at-home" mom is being in charge of your own schedule, but sometimes that is hard for me because I'm my own boss, and sometimes I don't know what to tell myself to do.  I wandered aimlessly around the house, browsed through the internet, and finally came up with a plan of action.  

I washed the dishes, went for a walk with James, showered and dressed, and took my boy to the park for some 2-year-old snapshots.  He did fairly well.  It is pretty hard to get a shot of him from the front.  He's always racing off in front of me, except for when I tell him to hold my hand.  He obeys that instruction pretty well lately, and it's the sweetest little hand in the world.  He fell asleep on the way home, and I tucked him in his bed.  When he woke up, I held him close and patted his back, and he patted my back, too, and then I treasured that moment in my heart.

He was so proud of himself standing up on that rock.  I was proud of him, too.

1 comment:

  1. sweet baby James. thankful for the treasured moments. two years? where has the time gone.
    and i loved the "last" party pics below. super fun!!

    ReplyDelete