Friday, September 9, 2011

My daughter needs a smart phone.

Several times today I've found myself wishing I could be in touch with Ella throughout the day.  This morning I was cleaning the house, and I was reminded of how sweet she was at the park last night, and my first thought was to send her a text message and let her know I loved her.  But then I realized that I couldn't send her a text message because she doesn't have a cell phone, and even if she did the school would confiscate it during the day.  Bummer.


Sometimes I complain to KJ about how Facebook and text messaging make all communication so immediate.  You feel like you have to respond immediately every time you hear from some one.  It's not that I don't want to respond; it's just very different than even a few short years ago.  But sometimes immediate communication is such a good thing.  Instead of trying to remember what it was I wanted to say to someone, I pick up my phone and text it to them as soon as the thought enters my head.  I guess this could also be a bad thing, but a lot of times, as with my desire to text Ella this morning, I just like to tell someone I love them.  


I communicate with KJ like this throughout the day, and just now I was really wishing I could post this picture on Facebook and somehow Ella would see it and smile and know I was thinking about her.



I think it would be beneficial if we could keep in touch during the day.  I miss you Ella.  You're the best little girl I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment