Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Happiness-es

Facebook has been abuzz with people talking about the cooler weather.  It has been nice, but I haven't really thought about it as the beginnings of Fall until this morning when I woke up to it being a natural 68 inside my house and not the normal air-conditioned-induced 73 degrees.  This is the fifth morning in a row it's been lower than the thermostat setting, but 68 degrees is the lowest yet.  I wasn't expecting to have cooler weather all week.  


Ella woke up this morning so bright and happy.  Saturdays feel like Saturdays again to me now that she's in school.  It was such a relief to have she and KJ come home yesterday afternoon and feel so free.  There was no homework and nothing that had to be done for today, and this morning I slept until 7:15, and there was no early-morning rush to get Ella out the door on time.  And to top it all off, I was able to go on an after-dinner walk with James last night without sweating profusely.  Ahh.


Ella requested a Christmas movie to watch this morning since it was almost Christmas.  I tried to tell her it wasn't really almost Christmas, but I don't think she heard me.  She looked forward to her birthday for four months, so I suppose it's okay to go ahead and begin the countdown to Christmas.  I put on Holiday Inn for her and began to get excited myself.  It's time to buy fall clothes, new footie pajamas for James, and make beef stew and chili.  I am happy sitting at the computer in my long-sleeved t-shirt and yoga pants, with KJ still resting in bed, and my sweet children cuddled together on the couch watching Thomas the Train and saying, "Chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-Choo-Choo!!"  They are so sweet.


A happy Saturday morning to you all.

1 comment:

  1. so great.
    and i LOVE the picture - delightfully wonderful!

    ReplyDelete