Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Road Trip

Greetings from Highway 280!  I’m writing this from my laptop at mile 209 into our journey to guess where?  Florida!  And Disney World!  Surprise!  This trip has been in the back of my mind for the past month, but I have been hesitant to write about it because I wasn’t sure if it would really happen or not.  It sounded too good to be true, because it is just a girl’s trip.  Hillary, Ella and I headed out this morning, leaving James behind in KJ's care (with some help from Mama T).  I am baby-free for the first time in 11 ½ months.  I think the freedom is going to intoxicate me before the week is up. 

KJ urged me to go and have fun, a decision I would never have made on my own.  I am looking forward to having uninterrupted time with Ella, and of course, it is fun to be with Hillary.  We are headed to Lake Santa Fe for the night and to Orlando on Tuesday night.  We are blessed to have family to stay with and friends letting us in to Disney World as their guests.  The Lord has been so gracious to provide such a wonderful vacation.  I am very thankful.  

Favorite Flashback of the Day:  DC Talk’s In the Light

Favorite Find:  baby carrots and dip in a travel package at Target

Favorite Ella Quote:  "This is taking a really long time."  "I know, baby.  But we're gonna try to make it fun."  "I don't think you can make this fun."

Favorite Book (on cd) Quote:  "Hobbits give presents to other people on their own birthdays.  Not very expensive ones, as a rule, and not so lavishly as on this occasion; but it was not a bad system.  Actually in Hobbiton and Bywater every day in the year it was somebody's birthday, so that every hobbit in those parts had a fair chance of at least one present at least once a week."

Saying Good-Bye




Ice Cream on the Road


Definitely needed for long car rides


Not really while she was driving.  I promise.


We were able to capture the last remaining
vestiges of sunset.







3 comments:

  1. Glad you're finally there ~ and hope Ella was able to find some fun in the day ~ I know you and Hillary did, a little bit harder for a 4 year old!!! Y'all have SO MUCH FUN!!!! And thanks for taking my girl with you!!! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Ella's quote. Take every opportunity to enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for your fun girls trip! so exciting! i love ella pugh!

    ReplyDelete