Sunday, September 5, 2010

Football Kickoff

I grew up in a family that loved Alabama football, but I regret to say (or do I?) that I care nothing about watching it.  If I am in a room with football on the television, I will stare blankly at it because everyone else is, but I am seeing nothing and my mind is a million miles away.  The only football games I have ever been emotionally or mentally involved with are the ones that took place in my backyard growing up.  I enjoyed playing tag football with my brothers and cousins in elementary school.  I liked to make up my own rules.  Like, if you come to tag me and I throw the ball in the air when your hands touch me and then I catch it when your hands are off of me, I'm not really down.  That never went over with my brothers for some reason.  


That being said, I will not really care about anything that happens on the football field this season.  I will probably not know any of the player's names (unless I start to recognize them after hearing people talk), and I will be spared any and all emotional angst that some of you will feel for the next few months.  I will rejoice with those who rejoice and be glad when Alabama wins.  I do have some family feeling after all.  And even though I don't know much at all about football, I will dress my children in these clothes people have bought for us and think that they are the cutest Alabama fans in Tuscaloosa.











1 comment: