Thursday, September 9, 2010

Attack of the Stomach Virus

I thought I would take a break from watching internet television to write a blog post.  At approximately 3:17 a.m. on Wednesday morning I woke from a deep sleep feeling so sick.  About 30 minutes later my worst fears were confirmed:  stomach virus.  I hate stomach viruses.  Who doesn't?  There are many things about them that I could complain about but my number one complaint with stomach viruses is that for me, they always hit in the middle of the night.  So not only do I feel horrible, I am completely exhausted, too, and want nothing more than to just go to sleep.  Looking on the bright side, though, I did just have the thought that at least when viruses attacked in the middle of the night you were pretty much assured to be in your bed asleep and not out and about somewhere.  Ugh.  


So, yesterday I spent the day in bed dozing and watching t.v.  I felt too sick to read or even keep my eyes open for very long.  But I also got bored laying here in the silence so I napped to an old Doris Day movie.  There have been many good providences of the Lord to be thankful for yesterday, though.  Ella was spending the night with KJ's mom so she was already gone, and KJ was able to stay home and take care of James.  He was very tired, too, because he was awakened with me, but he kept James back in his room away from germs (hopefully), and I think they had a good day together.  The worst thing for me is hearing James whine and cry and feeling like I can't do anything about it.  But, if I can manage to turn off my mother's heart for a minute, I know he will be okay.  He whines when I'm around, too.  This virus also brought nursing to a sudden end.  I planned on quitting on Monday, but I didn't feel up to getting out of bed yesterday morning, and I really wanted to stay away from James anyway, so I guess that's over.  Sigh.  My baby is growing up and doesn't need me as much anymore.  I didn't have much strength to be sentimental about it yesterday, but maybe that was a good thing.  


This morning I woke up with a return of my appetite, but I was still running a low fever.  Ella is still at the Pugh's, and I suppose we will retriever her later this afternoon.  I earnestly pray that neither one of my children gets this because it was AWFUL.  

1 comment:

  1. oh, lynn! i agree...stomach viruses are miserable! praying for you to feel much better & for the sparing of your sweet family. miss you.

    ReplyDelete