Thursday, September 2, 2010

11 Months Old

The last occasion I celebrate today is James' 11-month birthday.  This past month has flown by, and in one short month we will be celebrating his first birthday.  It is so hard to believe.  But he has definitely come a long way from that sweet little bundle I brought home from the hospital.  Now he is a big bundle of energy.  


A day in the life of James...He wakes up at about 6:30 am (which is a huge improvement over 5:30) and nurses.  As soon as he is finished he begins to talk to me.  We snuggle and rock and watch the news.  Then he wiggles down out of my arms because he has seen the remote control, and he. must. have. it.  We come in the den, and he crawls around while I grab a cold, caffeinated drink and some breakfast.  Sometimes he begs for my yogurt.  Then I fix him some breakfast.  He will eat yogurt, peaches, banana, eggs, toast and jelly, or a Nutrigrain bar.  He's not picky.  I think he would eat anything I offered him at this point.  He likes to stand at the foot of the bathtub and watch KJ take a shower in the morning.  It's his new morning entertainment.  He loves to explore my closet and press buttons on my bathroom scale if he can get there before I pick it up.  Taking clothes out of the dirty clothes basket is also a new morning past time.  


Then James proceeds to the kitchen where he opens the laundry closet, takes out the broom and waves it around, backs out the vacuum cleaner and pushes it through the kitchen.   He has been a little complainer of late, crawling around griping.  I think he may be frustrated with not walking yet and not being able to communicate.  But he loves music.  His favorite songs are the Mambo on Classical Baby:  Dance and any Celtic Woman song.  He also likes to listen to the hymns on God Made Me.  He has really good rhythm.  His favorite dance moves are swaying his arms from side to side, getting on all fours and rocking back and forth, and today I caught him standing up beside a chair squatting  up and down in time to the music.  


He has been complaining a lot during meal times during the past two days, but I've been working on teaching him the sign for "more" and correcting his growls in my direction, so I think things are getting better.  He puts his thumb in his mouth as soon as we go in his room, turn on the fan and turn off the light.  He knows the routine.  Sometimes he sings himself to sleep in my arms.  He loves to press buttons.  He presses the button on the fan in our bedroom and other various toys.  He also loves to shut doors.  He frequently crawls into Ella's room and shuts the door behind him, the little mischief maker.  He's found the water in the toilet.  He likes to splash in it.  He likes to go for car rides, and he loves to guzzle juice.  He's also been drinking water in the tub lately.  He can cruise down the side of the couch and loves to grab things out of the dishwasher.  Bath time is not safe anymore, because he just keeps trying to stand up and I keep on making him sit down.  He knows what "no" means and does not like to hear it.  He throws a little bouncy fit when I hold him down.  He does the same thing when I try to change his diaper or his clothes.  He can't stand it.  He also has a mystery rash(?-not quite sure what it is) on his stomach and back.  He's been scratching at it.  Hmmm..  Does my life sound busy to you yet?  Because it is.  James is a mile-a-minute.  



No comments:

Post a Comment