Monday, September 13, 2010

Another Health Update

This morning we are all awake, and three out of four of us would really benefit from some more sleep.  We all went to church yesterday morning, and I thought we were home-free in the stomach virus department, but now I am not so sure.  James threw up a little yesterday afternoon and had a nasty diaper later on last night.  I was prepared for a night of more incidents like this, but nothing happened.  He did wake up at 4:30 crying, but he did that yesterday morning, too.  And sadly, we were unable to successfully put him back to bed.  He just sat in his bed and cried, so we finally got up with him at 6:45.  Listening to my baby cry in his bed makes me feel so awful, but later on James usually proves there was absolutely nothing wrong with him.  He is the biggest stinker.  He has been a singing, blue-eyed angel since we got up with him.  He never acted like he felt sick last night, either, but I will just keep watching him. I am thankful he hasn't been sick since last night, but I do wish that boy would let me sleep.  I do not like starting my day at 4:30 a.m.  


KJ is still suffering, albeit very bravely without complaint.  One side of his face is pretty swollen with the sinus infection, and the shingles spread a little bit more.  He has also felt sick to his stomach, though no throwing up has occurred.  So now only Ella remains.  I don't feel like there is anything I can do but wash hands and spray Lysol and pray.  I remember a book that is still on my mother's bookshelf at home, The Stomach Virus and Other Forms of Family Bonding.  This is our family's first time to bond over a stomach virus.  So far I am thankful that I seem to have caught the worst of it.  Please pray for my family and me as I added another 2 hours to my "lost sleep bank" last night.


I just wanted to reiterate what a sweet stinker of a boy I have.  He is in the kitchen dancing to the music that comes on when he presses a button on a refrigerator toy.  Sweetest boy ever but the biggest stinker to wake up and cry for 2 hours in the early morning.

1 comment:

  1. He was praying early this morning...just sounded like crying to you. ;) Maybe that means he'll take a good nap later today.

    ReplyDelete