Friday, September 24, 2010

Disney: Day 2

We have returned to Lake Santa Fe and Grammy and Daddy Jim’s home.  I’m very glad Hillary and I made the decision to spend the day here resting and recuperating after a busy two days at Disney World.  Yesterday we spent time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios (I still like to refer to it as MGM).  It was a long but fun day.  Our friend let us into Epcot at 9 a.m., but we decided to ride the boat over to MGM because everything in the World Showcase was still closed.  It was a very nostalgic walk and ride for me because we walked through the back entrance to Epcot just as KJ and I did on our honeymoon 6 years ago. 

The Beach and Yacht Club
(Our Honeymoon Hotel)


Boating to MGM


KJ suggested to me that Ella might enjoy the Muppet show in 3d, and he was right.  There were some difficult moments with Ella yesterday being “scared.”  She is very unsure and frightened of new situations some times.  She was fine until we walked into the theater to sit down, and she wanted to leave.  She very concernedly asked, “Do you think this will be scary?”  I told her no, I thought it would be funny.  Thankfully, she did enjoy it a lot. 

Miss Piggy's Fountain

 From there we planned to ride Toy Story Mania, but the ride was having technical difficulties.  It was still fun to hang out in Pixar Square.  Ella got to see some of her favorite characters from Playhouse Disney, and we watched a live show incorporating all her favorites:  Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins.  Ella really loved the show, which had music and was set up just like the shows (which she has been watching online).  She danced and sang along with great gusto. 



I was a little disappointed to miss out on Star Wars and The Great Movie Ride, but once I accepted that I was the mother of a preschooler, I had fun watching Ella have fun.  There will come a day where I can do those things with her, and if she is too scared, with James. I look forward to that.  It will be fun to experience Disney World through the eyes of a little boy.  Enough princesses, I’m ready for pirates. 

After lunch, we caught the boat back to Epcot and enjoyed time in the World Showcase. 

Hillary only wishes she could take a picture this good.
She tried.

Italy


By late afternoon we were all weary of walking.  Ella was asking for something to cool her off.  I think she wanted me to buy her a fan, but then we found another solution to her problem.



By the end of 20 minutes she was completely soaked and completely happy.  Mom was completely exhausted.  Shortly after playing in the fountain we trudged back to the parking lot a tired and motley crew.  After showering and loading up the car, we said good-bye to cousins and Orlando and hit the highways and byways once more.  Ella very uncharacteristically announced, "I'm tired.  I need a pillow."  Upon receiving them she went to sleep pretty quickly.  Disney was very good to us, and we can't wait to go back, but it is good to be here with nothing to do but enjoy the view.




1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your Italy picture too. I blame it on the meds

    ReplyDelete