Monday, January 30, 2012

A Heart Full and Thankful

"...and His mother treasured all these things in her heart."
- Luke 2:51b -

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
- Mr. Knightley, Emma, by Jane Austen -

"...speech is for the convenience of those who are hard of hearing; but there are many fine things which we cannot say if we have to shout."
- Walden, Henry David Thoreau -

Those are a random assortment of quotes, I know, but they were all running through my head this morning as I thought about what I could say about our weekend.  It was a really good weekend.  Yesterday especially was a day of having my soul satisfied by God's Word and sweet communion  with His people.  And as much as I love words, sometimes I don't like to use them.  And that just reminded me of one more quote.

"Matthew and I are such kindred spirits I can read his thoughts without any words at all."
- Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery -

3 comments:

  1. What great quotes.

    I'm so thankful it turned out to be a wonderful Lord's Day, despite your lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these quotes! Makes me want to go and watch Anne and Emma again...maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete