Saturday, January 14, 2012

20s Highlights, a picture-heavy post

In my 20s, I...

graduated from college.

I am honoring that memory here...it got eclipsed by a wedding 21 days later.

I got my first digital camera.

My photography professor in college said the world would never go completely digital.

I lived in a place where there were blizzards on Christmas.

I was a maid of honor and got my first sister.

I kept a pact to watch all the new episodes of Star Wars with these people.

I ate lots of lunches and dinners at this coffee table, watching lots of movies
with my new husband, who accumulated a vast collection during his time in China.

I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for our two families out of this minuscule kitchen. 

I prepared for my first baby, a girl.

I experienced labor pains and a great thankfulness to the Vietnam war vet
who gave me an epidural and told me stories and that everything would be alright.

I held my daughter for the first time.

I became a full-time, stay at home mommy to this little beauty.

I went on a Kentucky photo-shoot with my brother.

I saw my husband graduate seminary.

I moved back to Alabama and into the bosom of family.

I introduced Ella to the ocean.

I got to see my college roommate married.
That's the sweat of a South Alabama summer on our brows.  Gracious.

I saw a childhood best friend married.

took Ella to her first movie

got my first Murphy sister

I unraveled the mysteries of the island.

I had a son.


saw another childhood best friend married
(slightly out of order...I'm pregnant with James in this picture)


a family trip to Disney World


another new sister!


Wait, and then one more!


went camping with my husband


took pictures in the snow


took a week-long vacation just us girls


I got my hair highlighted for the first time.


And you guys remember I went to England, right?

3 comments:

  1. Your 20s were blessed, indeed.

    And our family was so blessed to gain YOU!

    Happy 30s, dear sister. You are sooooo loved.

    p.s. you are BEAUTIFUL in every way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures...and I, too, have many movies from my days in China...wonder if we will ever actually watch them all. I think not.

    ReplyDelete