Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's Flashback: Inside the Castle Grounds

Who's ready for more castle pictures??  It's just what you needed on this rainy Friday, isn't it?

It looks very moody there, doesn't it?

You'll notice that this day goes from being cloudy and overcast to brilliantly sunny in a moment.
That's England for you.

I couldn't resist a little fun with that one.
Maybe I should turn it into a postcard.

This is KJ's favorite shot.

You couldn't use this gate, but it led out to the High Street.  
It was pretty impressive.

At this point, I go off in search of the lavatory,
and I walk forever and ever and ever,
finally finding myself in the most amazing gardens I've ever seen.

Pebbly gravel crunched under my feet, water flowed from fountains,
roses bloomed, and after much searching and nearly giving up,
I finally found said lavatory hidden behind some hanging vines in a far corner.

During all this time the sun shone, the colors were glorious,
and the rest of this post features KJ Pugh's mad camera skills.

I promise you there is no better grass than that on English soil.



I don't know if he was just snapping a picture of the castle's chapel,
or if he was aiming for the door in the hedge,
but I really love how very "Secret Garden-ish" it is.



Can you believe that blue sky?
When we came out of the castle an hour later it was raining.
I love you, England.

I was laughing at myself the other day when it was raining a little bit.
I pulled out my umbrella and didn't want the rain to mess up my hair.
But in England, I walked bare-headed and didn't mind the misty rain at all.
Rain and frizzy hair belong there.  It's atmosphere. 

I really enjoyed KJ's shots.
I hope you did, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment